We ensure the very best in insurance services for our clients. We meet our clients' insurance needs through effective communications.
Ann A. Geisler established Southern Cross Insurance Solutions in 2013, having also co-founded its predecessor agency in 1994. Today, Ann and the expert personnel of Southern Cross continue to meet their clients’ business insurance needs across the U.S. The firm manages state-of-the-art software for all of its communications, accounting and database analysis to ensure excellent client service. Southern Cross always demonstrates how to go the extra mile for all of its treasured clients.
* Whether for individual or group coverage, The Midwife Plan can be configured to meet the specific needs of your practice. Southern Cross Insurance recommends policy holders of The Midwife Plan use the Binding Arbitration process, which is a relatively informal process of resolving disputes that is an alternative to the traditional court system. The Midwife Plan is available for members of these professional organizations below: (Please note that additional policies are available for physicians and surgeons.)
What kind of coverage does The Midwife Plan offer?
Southern Cross Insurance pioneered The Midwife Plan, which offers important insurance coverage for midwives and birth centers, including:
- Claims made for professional and premises general liability
- Duty to defend
- Includes employees, contractors, students and medical directors
- Substitute midwives are included at no additional charge
- Includes home birth, birth center birth & hospital birth
- VBAC coverage included for birth center birth & hospital birth
- Free extended reporting endorsement for death, retirement, or permanent disability
- License investigation / disciplinary expenses
- Wrongful acts taking place within the 50 U.S. States or D.C.
- Punitive damages coverage where insurable
- Supplemental payments coverage for lost wages to attend trials / hearings in defense of a claim
- Our own midwifery advisory board oversees underwriting
- Research and development funded by AABC, ACNM, NACPM, MANA, and numerous other professional and industry experts
- Risk Management / Claims Toll Free “Hotline”
- Monthly payment plan as low as 10% down payment
- Sponsored by A+ rated insurance companies
Midwives and Birth Centers – please apply for coverage by filling out an application. Applications need to be completed in English and submitted in one of two ways:
- Download, print, complete, and sign this FILLABLE-FORM APPLICATION. Email to:
- If email submission is inaccessible or burdensome, applicants can download, print, complete, and sign this STANDARD APPLICATION (new and renewal business) and fax to (407) 985-3556 or mail it to:
Southern Cross Insurance Solutions
ATTN: Ann Geisler
P.O. Box 568428
Orlando, FL 32856
We're a company who loves our clients!
At Southern Cross Insurance, we always strive to exchange ideas with our clients in order to identify and develop appropriate transfer-of-loss exposures using risk management and best-practice insurance techniques. We pride ourselves on providing right-sized insurance policies for fair premiums to protect our clients’ identified exposures. We attract and maintain the highest caliber of quality employees, and collectively, we have become industry specialists in our target market areas. We selectively partner with exceptional companies to provide our clients with the coverages necessary to protect their businesses.
Get a free quote to create your desired insurance.
Southern Cross Insurance gives you better coverage quickly and affordably, with turnaround time to meet your needs.
We know your business. We solve your need for coverage.
We LOVE The Midwife Plan!
serving more moms
in every state in the USA!
American Association of Birth Centers (AABC)
American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
Association of Texas Midwives (ATM)
California Association of Licensed Midwives (CALM)
Citizens for Midwifery (CfM)
Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS)
DONA International (DONA)
Home Birth Consensus Summit
Insurance and Risk Management Terms
International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN)
Larsen Billing Service | Midwifery Billing
Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA)
Midwives Association of Florida (MAF)
National Association of Birth Centers of Color (NABCC)
National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM)
National Partnership for Women & Families
Perinatal Education Associates, Inc.
The Big Push for Midwives Campaign
Where’s My Midwife?